Barack Obama Luncheon At The Rotunda Building in Oakland, CA, June 2nd
Senator Barack Obama's returning to Oakland for a fundraising luncheon at The Rotunda Building in Downtown Oakland. It will be held Saturday, June 2nd at 12 noon.
The donation is $1,000 and $2,300 for the pre-reception, but is essentially a two-for-one system: if one person donates $1,000, they can bring a friend. Or if that person's maxed-out in contributions, they can bring a friend, who pays, who in turn brings another friend.
To sign up, RSVP online with a click here: Senator Obama Luncheon
The location of the Rotunda is 300 Frank Ogawa Plaza, next to Oakland's City Hall and part of the plaza itself.
It's a building that -- after 30 years of dormant status, and four different developers, was finally successfully rebuilt by California Commercial Investments (CCI), and more specifically ten years of lobbying and planning by CCI's President Phil Tagami. It features an awesome atrium at its core that's a must see for any architecture lover.
There's a map to the right of the location of the building in Downtown Oakland. For directions from San Francisco, I visited Google, and got this:
If you're coming from, say 944 Market Street:
Drive: 9.8 mi (about 23 mins)
1. Head northeast on Market St toward Hallidie Plaza
2. Turn right at 5th St
3. Sharp left onto the ramp to Bay Bridge
4. Merge onto I-80 E
5. Take the I-880 S exit toward Alameda/Airport/San Jose
6. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for W Grand Ave/Maritime St and merge onto W Grand Ave
7. Turn right at Mandela Pkwy
8. Turn left at 14th St/International Dr
9. Turn left at Clay St
10. Turn right at 16th St
11. Turn right at San Pablo Ave